How do I Make My Candle Burn Longer, Brighter, Evenly?
Why is My Candle Smoking or Sooty?
How Often Should I Turn the Reeds in My Diffuser?
These are the questions I am most frequently asked and there is a solution! Here are my top tips for candle enjoyment and a quick reminder of how to best treat your household fragrance.
- Always Trim Your Wick! (I just love saying this). It is super important that your wick is upright and not curled or mushroomed when you light it.
- Your first burn should be at least 4 hours and the wax pool should cover the surface of the candle. Every subsequent burn should be for at least an hour.
- Leave your candle to completely cool before lighting again. I actually always have a couple on the go at a time so that they get a suitable rest period between burns.
- Keep your candle clean and free from dust and or wick debris (that’s what the lid is for).
- Keep your candle away from draughts and breezes.
- Always Trim Your Wick!
- If soot or smoking is problem check that you are not using a candle that is made from paraffin. Paraffin candles are much more likely to smoke (pollute).
- Turn your reeds at least weekly (I like to turn mine on Wednesday’s and Sunday’s).
- Keep your reed diffuser away from sunlight and breezes.
- If you Reed Diffuser is evaporating too quickly the chances are that it has a high alcohol (ethanol) content and synthetic fragrances.
If you still have questions please continue reading our complete Guide to Soy Candle and Reed Diffuser Care below.
Luxury Soy Candle & Reed Diffuser Care
Your safety & enjoyment is our main concern, please consider the following when using your Havana Home luxury soy candle:-
- Always burn within sight.
- Keep candle away from things that catch fire.
- Keep candle out of reach of kids and pets.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended.
- Ensure wicks are upright and trimmed before and during each use.
- Do not burn a Havana Home Candle for less than 1 hour or more than 4 hours at a time.
- Do not move a lit candle and please wait until the wax has returned to solid form before moving.
- The glass container will get hot please burn on a heat resistant surface.
- Avoid using in windy areas, near an open window, or fan or within distance of curtains.
- Children and pets are inquisitive by nature please make sure that your candle is placed well away from reach.
- Prevent blackening on the glass from forming by trimming the wick before each use.
- Do not use the candle if there are cracks in the glass.
- Use the provided lid when the candle is not in use to protect it from dust.
- The ideal way to extinguish your candle is to hold your forefinger between the candle and your mouth when you blow it out. This creates an even distribution of “wind” around your flame which will improve the performance of your candle.
- Turn your reeds regularly to maintain their scent.
- You can extend the life of your diffuser by placing it away from direct sunlight and draughts.
- Place your reed diffuser on a coaster or tray to protect you surfaces from any spills.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.